We Painted The Bathroom!

Remember our upstairs bathroom, all its issues, and the work we had done trying to fix it? Well, we have hit the light at the end of the tunnel. And not a moment too soon.

This week we have family and friends staying with us and, since the bathroom was in a shambles, I was stressing over it. So I did what I always do. I decided to paint two days before everyone arrived.

I had my color all picked out but after talking to the paint people at Lowes, decided I needed to go with a different kind of paint. Which kicked my color choice out the window since the color wouldn't translate well into another brand. This ended up being a blessing in disguise because the the color probably would have been all wrong anyway. We have old creamy white tile in the bathroom and I wanted to match the paint to the tile.

I couldn't find a color in the right paint, so I went to Home Depot to check out their selection. I brought a few samples back and tried them out but none worked. I had picked whites with yellow undertones and once they were up next to the tile, I realized I needed a pink undertone. So back I went.

Finally, after 9 samples of white paint, I happened upon the right one. I picked Nude by Behr in a semi-gloss enamel finish. This was my first time using Behr paint but I must say that I really liked it. This post isn't sponsored and I'm not getting paid for it, I just was really impressed with the quality of their paint.

I got the paint up on the walls with a day to spare. Except I almost ruined it because the paint wasn't completely dry in a few places when we put on the second coat. We got a few bubbles but then they deflated so I guess we'll see if it causes problems later.

oldwhitepaintandtile

You can see in this photo how the previous white paint was very bright compared to the tile. Plus, it only had one coat of paint so you could see blue peeking through underneath it. Always do two coats of paint. It really is the only way to get coverage, even if the can says one coat! And also use primer. Every employee I talked to at both Lowes and Home Depot told me the paint/primer in one is totally bunk.

creampaintandtile

And now it blends with the tile so much better! The pink undertone was the way to go.

contrastingwhitepaint

Unfortunately, we didn't have time to get the trim painted before everyone arrived so you can see the difference in the new paint and the previous paint.

showercurtainrod

I did get a new shower curtain rod and rings. It looks great! Now if I can only get the stuff back up on the ceiling.

Once the excitement dies down around here, I'll be able to finish the painting and a few other bathroom projects. I can't wait to show you the end result! I'm so excited! 

A big thanks to my mom, sister, and mother-in-law for helping get it done on time and looking fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...