Our First Apartment

When Hubby and I were first married, we lived in a little one bedroom apartment. These were nice apartments too, which is why we only had one bedroom: it was all we could afford! And even then we could only afford it because they gave us a deal and threw in a free washer and dryer.

We just randomly decided to check them out, even though we figured luxury apartments were well out of our price range. As soon as we walked in and saw the light brown paint on the walls, we wanted to live there. Love my neutrals! Hubby{to-be} thought of me when he saw them. He knows what makes my heart go pitter-patter.



Definitely my favorite room. Looks pretty good for just starting out and figuring out my style, I think. I love that tv armoire. It's a heavy, solid, Ethan Allen piece that some friends of ours found at a yard sale for $100. Nice price compared to the $1400 the owners said they paid for it!

And we were on the second floor so that piano had to come up too. Guess what Hubby, the groomsmen, and assorted male family members were doing the night before our wedding...thanks guys!



Our tiny little kitchen. We didn't have anywhere for a table because of the piano, so bar stools were our solution. Our solution for the lack of drawer space was putting the towels in a basket on the counter. My laundry room/pantry is though that door at the end of the kitchen.





Our bedroom was the one room I hadn't got completely together before we moved. As you can see, I had way too much junk that I was determined to use. I have learned my lesson! I hope. A lot of this stuff is going at the big yard sale in a couple months. And yes, I did just stack a bookshelf on my dresser.

I do miss our little apartment. In some ways, it was easier to work with than a big house. And we hadn't acquired as much stuff. No, really, we have way more stuff now. Mostly bigger stuff.

This little place will always have a special place in our hearts. There's something about your first place together that has that effect on you. There are definitely some things decor-wise that I wish I'd done differently{like that overabundance of tcotchkes}, but I've lived and learned, and will not be making the same mistakes again.

Instead, I'll make completely new ones for your amusement.

3 comments:

  1. Your first place sure looked better then mine did. I actually love your bedroom. Thank you so much for linking up to Suburbsmama. Hope to see more from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apartment is looking like exta luxury and more attractive. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First apartment is always memorable and thanks for sharing.
    Sterling Infinia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...