Hello, My Name Is Elizabeth, And...

I am a perfectionist. I am also a procrastinator.

Unfortunately, that spills over into my house. I have several rooms that I just throw stuff in. And you know why? It's because I keep waiting until everything is "perfect" and I can decorate it just so.

But the other day I was minding my own business, reading other people's blogs, when someone, just out of the blue, gave me a swift kick in the pants. Enter the Nester.

I've been following her blog for a bit and always find some great ideas, and some great encouragement. I love her catchphrase: It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. This particular post however, totally transformed how I had been looking at my home. You really should go read it.

better to do something

You can find the post here

Before, I would come up with all kinds of excuses. I wanted to wait until the room was painted, or I thought it would be a waste of time because I was just going to change it later, or I was waiting for that one perfect item. The reality was, I was going to be waiting for a long time with a really messy, uninviting, home. So now I'm going to try and take the time to make my home warm and inviting with what I have right now.

I've already worked on my guest room and it turned out better than I thought it would. That's another post for another time. 

Are there any rooms or projects in your house that you are holding out on? 

1 comment:

  1. I have to remind myself of that all the time, thanks so much for stopping by!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...